Subject: RE: [Leica] Where we live
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:06:51 -0400

Well, I may be missing something here, but unless one is setting out to
shoot postcards for sale at the Toronto kiosk, all one is going to get from
any photographer is their vision of the city....how many other photographers
in the mid-1950s would have seen and photographed Pittsburgh the way Eugene
Smith did? How many photographers saw New York the way Weegee did? Or how
many saw it the way Hellen Levitt did? Each of these photographers had a
unique vision of the city - but each of those visions provides us with part
of our collective vision of NY....

B. D.