Subject: Re: [Leica] Tilley hats, yet again
From: "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:00:07 +0200

I find any hat with a brim a real pain when i'm photographing - not that I
do lots of verticals, but just even having that thing up there is
oppressive. I like the open sky, but since I shave my head I also need to
escape from the sun's rays. My hat of choice is the beret (there is a type
the farmers here used to wear called the "purillo" which is extremely small
and close fitting which is ideal, but almost impossible to find nowadays. If
anyone on list knows of where I can get a lifetime supply of purilli before
they become completely unavailable, let me know), although wearing something
that can be confused for military headgear is not always the best choice.
Olive green jackets can get you into trouble too.
R.