Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 30: Costa Blanca, Spain
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 21:31:49 -0700

Nathan Wajsman showed a number of interesting photographs.

>>> and finally one of the many stray cats that hang around the harbour,
> apparently living off fish scraps and restaurant leftovers:
>
> http://www.wajsman.com/2002_30alt7.jpg
> (M6+50mm Summilux, Fuji Acros)<<<<

Hi Nathan, the cat is the one I like the best. Interesting in how it reacted
and you capturing the peak moment of cat re-action. to you.  ;-)

The first two I found the light wasn't doing anything for you, probably in
colour it would've been very interesting. But in B&W it's acting only as an
exposure amount and not adding any drama or effective lighting angle to the
scene.

The third, early morning street scene, the light is working for you because
you're on the shadow-side of the street and the shadow side of the light
making it add more detail and contrast / depth the photograph.

As usual no matter where you are you come up with interesting photographs.
Keep 'em coming.
ted

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 30: Costa Blanca, Spain)