Subject: [Leica] Epson 2200?-----working on it now, sorry long reponse
From: "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:50:56 -0500

Okay so far, one trial print from the Epson 2200. I printed a slide from my
Ireland 2000 trip that was on my computer as a small jpeg 6x9 print at
300dpi. The image is at: http://www.zoeicaimages.com/html/dingle.html

To stay on Topic, the slide was produced in my Leica M3 DS, lens was an  8
element 35/2.

Without setting the custom file on the Epson for color, brightness, or
contrast, I printed the image just as it was. The results were amazing,
detail blew me away! You can count the sheep, and even the little white
posts down my the center house. The color saturation was a little low and
the print was a bit darker compared to what I had on my monitor, but not by
much. Now to just tweak everything. Only with a 10x loupe can I tell this
was a inkjet print.

For the stuff in the box, the printer is HUGE! Make sure ya have room. And
have a firewire or USB cable, cause Epson does not have one in the box. They
throw in sample packs of Epson Semigloss and Archival Matte paper(letter
size). The inks are now 7 instead of 6. A "light" black is the 7th ink. I
bought a matte black also to try out, the matte black is supposed to be for
the matte and watercolor papers. The printer will clean the head itself when
turned on, only takes a few seconds. The roll paper adapter and cutter are
still in the box so I cannot comment on those yet. Hmmmmmmm..........the
though of printing my own color 4x6's and not printing them at my work.

From what I've read and been told, all the Epson papers for the 2000p will
work on the 2200. I bought some 13x19 watercolor paper to try some big
prints. We'll see how long the inks last.

Sorry for the long and non-Leica review,
Chris Williams
New Orleans

oh! and Thomas, I could print some Hasselblad negs, but that would get some
flaming going!