Subject: RE: [Leica] Amazing photo treasure trove...
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 20:23:26 -0400

Amazing and tragic...Gedney died of AIDS in, I believe, '87 - might have
been '89. Anyone who is interested should grab a copy of his book, If I had
to guess, I'd say that one of the reasons he may never have caught on has to
to with the obvious homoerotic undertones of allot of his work - notice how
many beautiful men and boys he seems to photograph rather than women....but
his work is really astoundingly good.