Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: What hath Kyle wrought...NOW...SEEING!
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 11:11:36 -0500

on 8/8/02 10:37 AM, Ted Grant at tedgrant@shaw.ca wrote:

> And that folks is what it's all about! "SEEING!" If you don't "SEE" it
> doesn't matter a flying squirrel's tail if the lens records 8 million
> squigglies per whatever, it's still only going to be an... "Oh hum, another
> forgetful exposure!"

Ted, I just checked out the little article in PhotoLife. The first shot they
lead with of the woman who dropped her purse and the 3 gentlemen in the
three stages of "assisting her" is a perfect example. I don't know what's
behind that day of shooting but I can just imagine out of the 100's of
possible exposures (or maybe this is the only one) you might have made that
day that IS the shot. It might not be what goes into some magazine or
article but is say so much about people and therefore is the keeper.

PS: I'm so glad you shot this with a low shutterlag camera too, otherwise
you might never have got the shot ;) ...

- --
John Straus
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com