Subject: Re: [Leica] Dumb camera thieves
From: "Daniel Ridings" <dlridings@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 11:31:55 +0200

>You're a bit in the clouds. You seem to believe there is an innate desire
>for fairness in the world's governments. I don't believe you can point to
>evidence from history to support your dreams.

No, I would just like to see a system of balance of power, much like the
executive-judicial-legislative system in the US government. Granted, the US
has gotten a bad rap because it gets involved in so much crap (and once
every 50 years does a good turn and lives high on it for the rest of that
generation) ... so I can understand not wanting to put the cards on the
table.

All powers fade ... as you pointed out with Europe. You could also look to
Athens, to Rome. Where are they now? Where are you going?

It's my country too, but I think you can see why I decided to leave 26 years
ago. ... Too many ... Canons :)

All the best,
Daniel