Subject: Re: [Leica] Fomapan
From: Mike Durling <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 21:31:24 -0400

Foma's home page is at http://www.foma.cz/  I buy mine from
www.fotoimpex.de  They also sell Efke and a couple of interesting
papers.  Some of the website is in English but the PDF catalog is in
German.  Its pretty easy to figure out.  They readily answer questions
by email.

I have shot a lot of the Foma 400.  Its an old technology film, some say
like Super-XX.  Its a little grainier than other 400 films.  I just shot
some of the 200.  That is the T-grain stuff that got Kodak's goat.  I
was really impressed with the quality.  Really nice tones and moderately
fine grain.  I shot a little of the 100 when I was in Europe, but I have
a lot to print from that trip and have only printed one or two from that
roll.

Fotoimpex sells a paper that I like a lot called "Classic Warmtone"  I
have heard its Forte paper.  The "Chamois" finish of this paper has an
ivory toned base and to me looks a lot like the late lamented Portriga
Rapid.

Mike D