Subject: [Leica] Who in the world makes (coats) B&W Film (was Deardorf)
From: Mark Kronquist <mak@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 20:42:15 -0900

on 8/6/02 6:16 PM, Tim Atherton at tim@KairosPhoto.com wrote:

>> Don't even think about it for critical work, never mind to practice
>> with. All my experience with those films have found them to have very
>> poor latitude. The mid range is just about non existent, for want of a
>> better description. It doesn't push well either.
>
> Interesting - all my experience with Arista 400 in 8x10 is that it has come
> out exactly as I would have expected HP5 which is a beautiful film. The
> tests I have seen done of this film (all that densitometer stuff and so on)
> have shown it's curves etc. to be identical too..  odd
>
> --
As far as I have been told there aren t that many coating plants for B&W in
the world

Kodak USA
Agfa Germany (Orowo former DDR now part of Agfa)
Efke Fotokemika Croatia (old DuPont films)
Svema The Ukraine
Solaris Ferrani 3M Imation Italy
Fuji Japan
Konica Japan
Tacma Russia (still around???)
Lucky China
Ilford England (only UK plant...Freestyle Arista is made in UK? Hmm?)

Any onw know of any others

Replies: Reply from "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@attbi.com> (Re: [Leica] Who in the world makes (coats) B&W Film (was Deardorf))
Reply from Mike Durling <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] Who in the world makes (coats) B&W Film (was Deardorf))