Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Deardorff
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:16:48 -0600

> Don't even think about it for critical work, never mind to practice
> with. All my experience with those films have found them to have very
> poor latitude. The mid range is just about non existent, for want of a
> better description. It doesn't push well either.

Interesting - all my experience with Arista 400 in 8x10 is that it has come
out exactly as I would have expected HP5 which is a beautiful film. The
tests I have seen done of this film (all that densitometer stuff and so on)
have shown it's curves etc. to be identical too..  odd

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Deardorff)