Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Fuji Acros in Europe (WAS: PAW #5 - Legs & Butts)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 13:35:19 -0700

animal wrote:

> > Simon,
> >
> > I have been using Fuji Acros for some time and have posted pictures taken
> > with it, most recently two of my PAWs for week 27. I like it very much,
> > developed in XTOL 1+3.

I also use Fuji ACROS in Xtol 1:3 as my quality high res film. Quite a
lot of it.
I shot an alternative fashion show with it in my Leica, winder and a
24mm lens and a Metz flash holding my camera up only 2 or 3 feet from
the models. I was right up against the runway leaning over.
There is no grain to focus on. These puppies will blow up as big as the wall.

I'm not even tested out on any slow films the ones which are left. Like
Pan F (ASA 50).

But a test is overdue to find out how much better or worse the ACROS is
over the Pan F.

After all it's only a stop we're talking about here.

Still walking around shooting 35mm hand held ASA 100 is less common but
certainly still happens.

But walking around shooting 35mm hand held ASA 50 would seem daunting to
just about anyone.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com