Subject: RE: [Leica] Dumb camera thieves
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:56:28 -0400

That, Phong, is an even sadder story...I got a couple bricks of Tri-X from
life - I was "going out" with the daughter of a deputy editor ;-)...and Life
processed the film...But they decided against doing anything on the
festival.....and, at some point over the years, during some move or other,
the negs and contacts disappeared......You should have seen the shot of
Dylan, curly hair and all, bundled up in a peacoat, talking to a small group
of people including, as I recall, Peter Yarrow...or the shot of Dave Van
Ronk, stretched out on the grass during the Sunday afternoon "new folks"
concert - the year that the Kweskin Jug Band - featuring Maria D'Amato -
Jose Feliciano, Buffie St. Marie, and Tom Paxton were among the 'new folk.'
Oh, and the shot of Missippi John Hurt playing during a workshop? Ah, but
now they're all reduced to fish stories...the ones that got away!:-(....

B. D.