Subject: RE: [Leica] Dumb camera thieves - and street crime
From: "Stuart Phillips" <Stuart.Phillips@umb.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:31:31 -0400

Steve, why didn't you stomp on him?

Stuart Phillips

- -----Original Message-----
From: B. D. Colen [mailto:bdcolen@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 2:33 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: RE: [Leica] Dumb camera thieves

My only pickpocket story is 38 years old...but it is a very sad one. Xmas
vacation '64, a friend and I went down to Greenwich Village for an evening
of trying to be cool and listening to folkies - I believe we saw Eric
Anderson somewhere on Bleeker Street. Anyway, before going down I had
carefully put my wallet in the zippered front pocket of my L.L Bean anorak -
the pocket right on my lower chest. And of course when we got home that
evening the wallet wasn't there - and the pocket was unzipped...

And now, the rest of the story...

The reason this tale is particularly sad, and still eats at me almost four
decades later, is that in the wallet I had the press pass I had gotten
through Seventeen Magazine - don't laugh - to shoot at the 1964 Newport Folk
Festival. And that press pass, which I had since the summer laminated, had
on it the autographs of every big name in folk music you can possibly think
of, from Bob Dylan to Joan Baez to Mississippi John Hurt, Pete Seeger, Peter
Paul and Mary, Mimi Baez, Jose Feliciano, and on and on and on...

And now you know....The rest of the story..! ;-)

B. D.