Subject: Re: [Leica] Pultz's Moo-cow PAW 8/5/2002
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 11:34:48 -0700 (PDT)

Carl: Farm animals are perfectly legitimate subjects.  They can be funnier
than people, and you don't need a model release.

Here's one I met in a cute little alpine village in Switzerland:
http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/switzerland/curl_st.htm

I like your second one better for "expression," too bad the stalk of grass
is in the cow's face.

And you're right, that machine in the third picture does look like it
might have been alive.  It reminds me of a science fiction story I read in
the 70s.  Something about spacefaring people returning to Earth after many
generations, only to find that humans were extinct, self-repairing
machines had evolved to consciousness, and an entire ecology had developed
around them.  It involved hunter-gatherer activities for spare parts and
electrical power, and even reproduction!

- --Peter