Subject: RE: [Leica] For anyone who still thinks that digital isn't really...
From: "Stuart Phillips" <Stuart.Phillips@umb.edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 12:27:47 -0400

Yes, that's true, especially as digital eliminates a lot of the need for
working prints.  We have to replace IT equipment because students expect
to be trained on the "latest". I'm happily working on a Celeron 700mHz,
with a 15" monitor that I've cobbled together. Back to cameras, a
pro-photographer who we will probably do a program with, just bought
three Camedias at about $500 each - complete closeout - CompUSA bought
the whole line. He just took one to Cuba and took all his photographs
with them - excellent work.  The other two are for when the first and
then the second stop working.  You're right, he doesn't expect to be
trading up for quality, extra functions etc.

Stuart Phillips