Subject: RE: [Leica] WOW! [or Why-Oh-Why] my final response
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 09:13:59 -0400

The one thing in your post I agree with is that her work in absolutely NO
way meets what should be anyone's definition of "high quality reportage
photography" - which is what the prize is supposed to be for.

That said, I think it is damn good art photography and to the claim that
these are artless snap shots, or photos a dog could take these photos with a
disposable camera strapped to its back - I say prove it. For that matter,
show us that you can do it. It's summer. The beaches are crowded -get
going.;-)

And I suggest we pick a committee of six LUGers, three of whom like her
work, and three of whom don't, to judge whether you or anyone else who cares
to take up the challenge can, by simply snapping, come even close to
producing what she has produced. ;-)

B. D.

B. D.