Subject: Re: [Leica] WOW!
From: David Mason <dcm@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 13:03:27 -0400

Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> writes:

> I don't get it.  The underwater ones are nice but most of the others
> look like snapshots.  The ones on her website
> http://www.in-public.com/autiofolio.html  all look underexposed and
> too contrasty.  Can somebody explain why these photos are exceptional?

I rather like these, at least the ones on the Leica site. I tend to be
drawn toward 'underexposed' images anyway. There is something rather
mystical to a good dark photo. I guess most of my preference for it
comes from my love of Roy DeCarava's work though - he has to be one of
my all time favorites and much of his work is 'underexposed'.

Cheers,

Dave

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] WOW!)