Subject: Re: [Leica] Documentary photography - pj
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:07:06 -0500

>are beautiful, positive and up-lifting. I do not know what makes some
>people
>think that in order to be a success, a documentary project has to show
>suffering and misery.
>
>Forget about changing the world... and think instead about helping where
>you
>can, when you can.

Case on point: I just finished a documentary project focusing on one individual,
middle class white female, who contracted a non-lifethreatening, however
uncurable STI from an unscrupulous, deceitful male. The documentary video
focuses on the effects on psychology, relationships over the 4 years since the
infection, the national statistics of STI's, and the realities of living with
such infections. No poverty. No misery. Just problems, issues, and realities of
life.

George