Subject: [Leica] FS: Leica IIIf and lens, Contax IIa, fine prints
From: "Douglas Herr"<telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:51:16 -0700

One of my co-workers has asked me to peddle his late grand-dad's IIIf, lenses
and miscelaneous stuff.  Everything was purchased new by his grandfather.  The
Leica stuff was CLA'd in 1967 and used lightly since then.  None of this is
pristine but OTOH none appears to have been misused.

IIIf BD s/n 532978, w/ beat-up ERC, Leica flash sync table and japanese
accessory self-timer.  Body has numerous little scrapes and rub marks on
chrome but no dents or ugly areas.  Base plate is in similar condition plus a
small chip of chrome is missing showing brass underneath.  Slow speeds appear
to be working properly but shutter has not been tested; no pinholes in the
shutter curtains.  Slow speed dial shows some brassing.  Viewfinder is clear,
RF seems bright and clear but keep in mind I'm no rangefinder expert.  I've
checked the RF against my SL and they agree at all distances.  Slight vertical
mis-alignment.  Vulcanite is in excellent condition with the exception of a
tiny spot between the slow speed dial and lens mount.  Includes non-functional
Leicameter with incident adapter.  $275

90mm f/4.0 Elmar s/n 808213, glass clear, vulcanite excellent, small marks on
barrel, focus
and aperture work well, distance scale in feet, chrome metal Leica front cap,
chrome metal rear
cap.  $150

Contax IIa black dial, Zeiss bumps on back, s.t. sluggish, vertical alignment
off.  Shutter not tested but all working and slow speeds sound good to my ear.
 Back and bottom have some scrapes, dings and brassing; includes well-used ERC
and Zeiss Ikophot light meter with incident adapter.  $275

I don't have much experience with any of this equipment so if there's anything
you want me to
check or clarify let me know.  Please respond off-
list to telyt@eartlink.net

ALSO - I am selling fine prints of my photographs; the ones made with Leica
equipment are at:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/leicaprints.html

And all prints available, including those made with off-topic equipment, are
at:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/ordering.html

Prints of one of the Mountain Bluebird photos from Yellowstone are now
available.

Doug Herr<BR>Birdman of Sacramento<BR>http://www.wildlightphoto.com