Subject: RE: [Leica] Documentary photography - pj
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:58:52 -0400

Actually, Dave, I did give you the shortened version of what I told him.
While I did, indeed, tell him that if he wanted to help change the world he
should get that MIT MA, I did tell him to keep shooting, to document the
people and projects he's involved in, and to ultimately figure out what he
wanted to do with his life. Which may be to do documentary photography,
rather than change the world.

And I agree with your take on change and impact - I was, as usual, painting
my picture with a broad brush. Of course every project can teach someone
about something.

B. D.