Subject: RE: [Leica] PAW #5 - Legs & Butts
From: "Thomas Mitchell" <thomasmitchell1@qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 07:12:16 -0700

Hello Simon,

Yes, I like the ACROS.  I switched to it and Neopan 400 from HP5 and FP4.
In my limited experience, it seems like both Fuji films do better(smoother?)
in the middle of the greyscale than the Ilford.  The Ilford seems to have
more contrast and exposure leaway than the Fuji.  The grain in the ACROS is
much finer.  The only thing I don't like about ACROS is the base material.
It's _very_ thin and springy, a real pain for someone as fumble fingered as
me to load into reels.

I also tried the previous 100iso film, Neopan SS, mainly because it was very
cheap here ($1.99 for 36exp).  I didn't like it quite as much as the ACROS.
The grain seemed similar but it seemed to be more demanding of exposure and
development.  I kept getting inconsistent results.  However, this could have
been (probably was) operator error.

Thomas