Subject: [Leica] Selling to the US...
From: Tim Atherton <timatherton@theedge.ca>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:17:20 -0600

I often buy and sell photo stuff on Ebay and came across an interesting
situation yesterday.

I had sold a lens and got payment in $US in the form of a Bank cashiers
cheque.

I have always accepted payment in this form or a Bank Money order and
have ahd no problem paying them into my Canadian bank (same with
regular cheques from clients like the NY Times etc).

At most, the bank put a 3-5 day hold on the cheque, though as a valued
customer this was usually waived.

Yesterday I found there is a 14 day hold on all such transactions -
reason given - the uncertain and untrustworthy standing of US financial
instituions as a result of Enron, Worldcom, Johnson & Johnson, now AOL-
Time Warner etc.

Wow - never thought this stuff would impact my Ebay sales....

Tim

Replies: Reply from alex olstein <alexolstein@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Selling to the US...)
Reply from "Doug Lee" <drlee9@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Selling to the US...)