Subject: [Leica] M7 shutter lag (or lack thereof?)
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:06:18 -0700 (PDT)

"J. Gilbert Plantinga" <gilplant@hvc.rr.com> wrote:

>> On Monday, July 29, 2002, at 08:38  PM, Peter Klein wrote:
>> 100-120ms (1/10) sec shutter lag with the M7

> Where did you get this information? I certainly haven't noticed any
> lag.

Gilbert:  I'm going to have to take back the 100 ms figure for the M7
shutter lag.

I was going by the review of the M7 in this month's Popular
Photography. It says that the shutter lag tested at 1/10 second (100 ms).
The Konica Hexar tested at 120 ms.

After your post, I checked some other sources, and I get different
information there.  So the Pop Photo figure could be wrong or a misprint.
Or it could be the actual lag of their particular sample, as opposed to
Leica's spec.

Erwin Puts gives the M7 shutter delay as only 12 ms.
http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/mseries/m7.html

As does this site:
http://www.photo-start.com/news/index.cfm?FuseAction=ShowMessage&Id=24

What makes it more confusing:  For the M6TTL, you'll find that Leica touts
the 10-12 ms shutter delay.
http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/msystem/m6ttl/index_e.html

But for the M7, they don't mention a shutter delay:
http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/msystem/m7/index_e.html
And I don't find it in the PDF product brochure either.  So Leica didn't
help us get the right answer.

Does anyone know why Pop Photo and Erwin have such different results re.
the M7 shutter lag?

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] M7 shutter lag (or lack thereof?))