Subject: Re: [Leica] Meteor Shower 8/12-13/02
From: "jan schuller" <janschuller@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:38:53 +0200

Ernie,

I would go for the 50/2 or even 35/2, wide open and exposure time at 10 - 20
seconds (400 - 800 Film). Longer times would get more meteors on the film
but due to the earths rotation, stars would appear rather as lines than as
spots on film.
I don't see why M or R should make any difference.
Regards,
Jan

>The winter shower I shot with SL and 21/4 lens on Fuji 800 - results
>photographically were +/-.  I did it after a dinner party were much alcohol
>was consumed and I had a cold - I paid for it for days.  Anyway I am
>rethinking my lens choice - perhaps just a 50/2.  Wonder if an M would be
>better or if a different selection of lenses is better.  Any thoughts?
>
>ernie nitka
>
>"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable man
>persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all
>progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw
>

>--

Jan Schuller
Tieche Str. 51
CH - 8037 Zurich