Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA Annual Meeting; half-price membership fornewLUG members! L....
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:56:27 -0700

What i see a lot of at the meetings and I do it do is take pictures of
the other guys taking pictures with their Leicas.
We don't just take pictures of the cameras themselves.
A possible exception is a drunken "Leica stacking" which Kyle might have
invented but it might have been Tom Abrahamsson. Kyles not been to the
meetings by the way but his influence is felt none the less.

By the way when i joined five years ago I had long hair not quite as
long as Kyles and all the members were very friendly to me. As in ALL.
They didn't mind my apparent younger age either I probably looked 40 then.

It started as a collectors group but the demographic by now is about
split is my impression.
One thing i learned about collectors though they don't want you to know
they are collectors.
Perhaps they have too much to loose.
You find out they are collectors when someone asks something about a
lens and they start shooting out 6 figure numbers to put the lens in
it's place in time. They have all these numbers memorized. It's like
having the RBI's on all the Baseball cards memorized.
Going back to Babe Ruth.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com