Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA Annual Meeting; half-price membership for newLUG members! L...
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 23:44:34 -0400

At 07:15 PM 7/28/02 -0700, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>LHSA is a business. And they are running it so it can stay afloat. They
>(we) need more members and a wider variety of members as in younger
>people and female people.
>And get away from that older people and male people image it's been
>stuck with all these years!
>We need young Women!!!! I say charge them five bucks and give them a
>free roll of slide film!

Hmm.  I will just point out that the LHSA was not a "business" when I first
joined and only has become one, apparently, in the last year or so.  This
really is a sorry state of affairs:  it used to be an organization based
upon the study and spreading of Leica lore.

Best,

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!