Subject: [Leica] R8 vs. R6
From: "tlianza" <tlianza@sequelimaging.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 21:16:36 -0400

I generally shoot with N***n slrs, but I collect cameras and I own an R6 and
R8.  I really enjoy  shooting with the R6 and I don't like the R8.  I've
only put three rolls through the R-8 and I just can't warm up to it.  It is
a great camera, but it is just not a great camera for me.  The R6 is a
little honey.  I take that with me often, when I want to leave the
automation behind and use the old 180 3.4 APO and my 250 f4 telyt.   The R6
is a mechanical beauty which reminds me of my M2 when ever I wind it.  There
is just a sense of mechanical perfection and the size of the body is perfect
for me.  I'll trade my almost new R8 for an R6.2 or R7 (in good working
condition) if anyone is interested.  Remove the ------- from the name in my
email address for a reply.

Tom Lianza
Technical Director