Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R7
From: "Aram Langhans" <langhans@yakima-wa.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 07:14:40 -0700

Mark

The ergonomics are truly amazing.  On my first serious photo excursion I was
amazed how the camera sort of disapperared in your hand.  I had been
concerned witht he weight, but at times while wandering around through the
sage brush it almost felt like I had forgot my camera somewhere, only to
look in my hand and see it was still there.  Sort of like looking for your
hat and finding it on top of your head.   Maybe I was just excited to try a
new camera in the field and the extra adrenalin increased my strength.

Aram

> Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 12:33:57 -0700
> From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R7
>
> Aram Langhans wrote:
> >
> > Lee,
> >
> > Before I bought my R8, I was seriously looking at the R5 or R7.  They
had
> > most of the refinements I was looking for to step up from my R4.  I had
> > narrowed my serach to an R7 and was going to buy it.  Then, on the
advice of
> > the LUG, I looked at an R8.  There was no comparison.  Other than the
> > weight/size thing, it is an almost perfect manual focus SLR.  And the
> > weight/size thing sort of disappears in my hands due to the ergonimics.
It
> > either works for you, or not.  You have to handle one for awhile to find
> > out.  I thought it was quite ulgy, but I didn't buy it for looks.  Now I
> > really like the asthetics of the style, too.  It took a few months, but
it
> > isn't ulgy anymore.  So, if size is a problem, then R7, or R6 if you
want
> > all mechanical.  I know a lot of people on the LUG love the SL series.
It