Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW - John Straus - Slide One
From: "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@harbornet.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 17:40:58 -0700

Hi John:

Well, this one really came up and caught my eye - beautiful, soft
rendition.  I like it very much as it is, but I have one suggestion.

As I held my hand over the out-of-focus man I got a much more intense
picture of the man on the left.   I left as much space as I could in
front of the man on the left but cut the other one out completely.  It
becomes a very beautiful portrait with much more impact.  At least to
me.  Very much like a Karsh.

I don't know how much space there is to the left of the man in front,
but if you have some and it fades to darkness as I think it does, you
might crop it as suggested and then move the frame to the left a bit --
see what happens.

What Contax camera and lens were you using?

Ted in Olalla