Subject: [Leica] Misfocusing 50 Summicron
From: Pierre Charbonneau <charbonneaup@videotron.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 10:27:30 -0400

I have this Canadian made, bought used quite a while ago,  Summicron 50
with a bizarre problem: of the five Leica lens I own:
this one and only doesn't focus properly. This is happening on my 3
different M bodies in the same fashion. For instance, I
have a 90 Summicron used often at wide aperture without any problem of
focus.

With this 50, the range finder doesn't match as I check the infinity
with a very distant object. Or if  I focus in close range at
medium or wide aperture, the focus is wrong.

Since this problem happens on this lens alone and I have no reason to
suspect a range finder problem with my 3 M bodies, it
seems to that the cam of focusing on the lens itself is misleading the
camera range finder.

So my questions are these:
- -Has anybody experienced a similar problem?
- -Are Leica technicians able to adjust the focusing cam on an individual
lens?

Any thoughts or experience on this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Pierre Charbonneau,
Montreal