Subject: [Leica] RE: M7
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 16:12:03 +0200

<Thanks so much for clarifing this, I'm sure you had some LUGers convinced
that if they had an M7 they would never experience a bad exposure again.
<As good as the camera is, it still takes a knowledgeable person to fully
realize it's potential.

In my original email that produced all this thread I said that I used my new
M7 "as a dumb tourist" shooting without thinking in metering properly. This
was, of course, a test. This do not mean I do not know nothing about
metering. I, very often, shoot with a Hasselblad or a Linhof Supertechnika
4x5 and metering with a handheld meter, most times in incident way. I was
merely testing the metering ability of  the new AE Leica M7. And the test
was succesfully... All of us may be confident in the work Leica boys have
made with the AE metering system with this camera. If some one wish to deal
about different metering systems or flash metering, or color management we
can follow privately... Reading some emails abot this thread I felt myself
like a stupid...

Kind regards

Felix