Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS film and travel - NOW travel by Amtrak
From: Mike Durling <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 22:05:44 -0400

I have to add my 3 (Euro) cents to this thread...

We just completed a rail trip through Central Europe and never missed a
connection.  The Eurocity trains were new and clean.  The local trains
in some of the former Eastern bloc were less so.  All got us where we
were going with MUCH more comfort than any of the jets we travelled on.

This is not to say that there wern't some unsettling moments like when
we were herded off the train onto four busses in Central Slovakia.
Amazingly enough they made up the time and we made our connection in
Bratislava.  The hard part was figuring out what was going on since I
only know three words in Slovak.  (Four if you count pivo [beer] but
they wern't serving any.)

Anyway, pictures (Leica, OT) will be posted soon.

Mike D