Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: M7
From: Magnessbill@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:22:53 -0400

Hi Ted,
No offense taken, you have valedated my skeptisism. It's not just point and shoot- perfect exposures every time, but

"And sure, as Tina points out pointing the lens at something else as fast as
you're metering, composing, focusing and just about shooting while doing
this faster than it takes to read it, the exposures are made and on the
mark.... colour or B&W."

You use your professional expertise to analyze the situation,

":-) Besides even in the
tough lighting conditions you may offer I'd adapt to the situation and do
what's necessary in handling the camera I.E.. maybe pointing at the floor or
another direction and make the exposure faster than you or I explain how to
make a correct exposure."

Of course I wasn't recommending go out and try to fool the meter, but that as you and I know there are situations that will fool the meter and we must recognize them and adapt.
Thanks so much for clarifing this, I'm sure you had some LUGers convinced that if they had an M7 they would never experience a bad exposure again.
As good as the camera is, it still takes a knowledgeable person to fully realize it's potential.
Thanks again,
Bill  asmp