Subject: [Leica] Re: R4S
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sal.dimarcojr@pressroom.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:28:50 -0400

Allan,
    The R4S was a simplification of the original R4 camera. It doesn't have
the program or time modes. I've owned one for many many years and it has
never let me down. If you can get it at a decent price ($300.00 for one in
excellent condition), I think you will be happy with it. I'm one of the few
people who never had any problems, that I didn't cause with any of the
various R4 models. I still own SL-Mot and SL2-Mot cameras along with R8s.
    For a light weight Leica slr and/or a first Leica slr an R4S would be a
reasonable purchase.
    In fairness and full disclosure, Sherry Krauter's comment about the
Leicaflex SL being the M3 of slrs has validity. It shoud be noted, she
doesn't repair Leica R cameras.
Happy Snaps, & Good luck,

Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA