Subject: RE: [Leica] 'this is how the photo business works....
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:30:32 -0400

I believe what he said - and I may be wrong - is that he had enough juice
for the meter, not enough to use the electronic shutter in any mode. And he
has since confirmed that he had a choice of the two mechanical speeds -
1/60th and 1/125th.

Don't get me wrong, as a user of Nikon F100s I am hardly anti-battery
powered cameras. Just pointing out that don't think that if you're using an
M7 and the batteries fail everything is hunky dory because you have two
mechanical speeds. If you need a shutter speed lower than 1/60th, or higher
than a 1/125th, you might as well be wearing a brick around your neck,
because the M7 without batteries will be no more useful than the brick, and
costs a whole lot more.;-)

B. D.