Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG Project Proposal: An apology
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:40:43 -0500

Doug Lee said: "I'm in. Even if I don't live in as interesting place as
Sonny."

Doug,
I would say that there are intersting aspects to this little town, but
undoubtedly many, including my kids would say it is a dull place.

That said, all of us have a vision of  a certain picture of our own town.
How Main Street looks, or the old train station; The truth as I believe it,
is that like a motion picture, it takes an "establishing shot," then you go
in for details that build the whole picture.

For me, the experience of small town living is complex.  It is easier to
shoot a few photos that show the character of a big city than it is to
portray a place like Natchitoches.

I work hard finding stuff to shoot, but in doing that, I get more
opportunity.  In the past year shooting to post on the LUG, I've been to
more events than in the previous ten years since I came back to live here
after thirty years in New Orleans.

I didn't mean to sound like a nay-sayer, though I guess I was a little
pompous in my reply to Adam that has followed this thread through the day.
I apologize for that.

I really do want to see how you see your own place.  I love looking at the
pictures people post.   Thes glimpses of you, your loved ones and and where
you are give me almost as much pleasure as sharing mine.

Please, do join in.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com