Subject: RE: [Leica] TE and prime lenses
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:40:39 -0500

I use both and didn't sell the prime lenses. I love the Tri-Elmar for
plain old outdoor photography if I am carrying only the Hexar RF
[gasp!]. The slowness of the lens is an issue, though. Sometimes I just
want really narrow DOF. To better answer your question, though, I don't
see the 3E as a substitute for 28, 35, and 50 primes unless you need
Leica glass and are really limited in what you can buy.

Best Regards,

Jeffery L. Smith