Subject: [Leica] Awesome Web Site /not/is/not/is ;-)
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:10:56 +1000

Well isn't it funny how the look of a web site can create so much
fuss. Flash movies are great, and they do make stealing the images
more difficult. I for one love to see the "tricky" little things
these guys/gals do on the web, and after all, if you don't like the
presentation, it does not differ from not liking a gallery
presentation or TV show. For a "web-artist", its all about control.
By using flash, he controls the look size feel speed and direction of
the experience whilst providing some interactive features when it
suits.

My efforts are not great, but they do provide some chance to get
educational information across viz:

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~radsonic/bfc/fibroiddata/movie.html

Try to think of it as a whole show. I must say, that I usually prefer
to "point/click/control", but if you let yourself settle into it like
a movie, then you get a different feel to the presentation.

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin

http://www.afirkin.com