Subject: Re: [Leica] When f 1 is too mush!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 21:14:40 -0700

Rei Shinozuka asked:

>>> after all that,  aren't you going to post examples ?!?<<<

Hi Rei,

Nope! This is work photography for publication not for show and tell,
sorry..

> perhaps you are talking about the "nauselux" syndrome,
> where you are focusing at 6 ft, and objects about 12 ft
> and in the center 3/4" of the frame take on a swirling,
> motion-filled appearance.

Nope and I'm not talking about that either, as what you describe doesn't
bother me. Been there, seen lots of it. This was the out of focus effect in
the blouse the doctor was wearing, it actually killed the shot as it created
a ghosting of the material and a visul effect just not real looking.

>>aren't you going to post examples <<<<<
Some day way down the road I'll have it posted, just don't hold your breath.
;-) Not likely until after the book is published 2003 - 4.

ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant