Subject: [Leica] Parking Tickets [was: London bookshops]
From: bennett <3bennett@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 22:52:45 +0100

>There was a report a year or so ago in the UK about a car that had been
>hoisted up, yellow lines painted underneath it, put back and then given
>a parking ticket.
>
>Steve

Now THAT is devious.

Even worse than in L.A. where you can get a ticket just for having a car
(and not doing anything illegal with it)!

Happened to me twice last fall. The first time the city recognized that if
the parking meter was jammed with coins, you couldn't put any money in it,
and canceled my ticket.

The second time I had an M6 with me, took pictures of the car parked
legally at the curb right in front of the signs saying parking there was
OK, printed a couple of 8 X 10s and took them to court and won the case.

The f******!

Guy

P.S. The judge said: "Hmm. I see lots of pictures, but I rarely see any
that big." (So size does matter after all.)