Subject: [Leica] PAW #3 - EcoTerrorism in downtown Seattle
From: "Thomas Mitchell" <tmitchell@hekizan.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:21:42 -0700

I was out giving my M6 it's daily exercise in the aftermath of a
mild-mannered eco-terrorist attack.  Here's the story:

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/displ
ay?slug=smokebomb11m&date=20020711&query=smoke+bomb

Here's the PAW:

http://www.hekizan.com/paw/firemen.jpg  90mm Elmarit, about f8, HP5 in
Ilfosol-S.

The spot is a couple blocks from my office so as I was wandering about
taking pictures on my lunch break, I made quite a few of the aftermath.
This one is my favorite - the guys were clowning around as they stowed their
gear.  I just wish I hadn't cropped his hand.  I'll probably print this for
the B&W class I'm taking but I'm thinking of cropping so that it's only the
head/shoulders of the two firemen.  Blazing sun continues to be a big
problem for me exposure wise in 'rainy Seattle'.

Here's an alternate.

http://www.hekizan.com/paw/florist.jpg  35mm Summilux, about f2, HP5 in
Ilfosol-S.

This might have been my PAW except that the focus is just a bit off.
Critical focus is on the flowers, not the face.  This was a zone focus
estimate and a .5 second framing so I'm probably lucky it was this close.
The focus problem doesn't show up on the monitor but I imagine it will in an
8*10 print.

BTW - both of these are from the very first roll of film I've developed
myself and will likely be the first two prints I make myself this
Thursday...

TIA for any critique,

Thomas