Subject: Re: [Leica] Trade off between film and lens speed
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:03:02 +0200

My 2 euro cents,
I,m an amateur in the french sense meaning i like what i,m doing.
So for me the pleasure a particular method gives is very important since
it,s my hobby.
It could be the blindingly fast (and razor sharp)focusing of an f5 with a
new 80/1.4,
just holding a noctilux (or nocturnal)and thinking wow this is a f1! or
performing any sort of processing wizardry to get the results.
In my line of work we have many ways of doing things and when somebody asks
" how shall i work this?" ,most of the time the answer would be.
whatever makes you happy
Also lets not forget these days it,s possible to shoot the constellations
hand held with a small vcr at 40 times digital zoom.I doubt that a noctilux
would even produce an image recognizable as stars under those
conditions.I,ll try tonight though just for the heck of it.
Dont get me wrong I love the Leica but  there are so many excellent systems
.
Look at the F.Lanting books shot with big Nikon,s I think it would be
awesome to play with those big hunks of glass.
So it boils down to budget.The more you  spend the more you play.
I know the pictures wont get any better though.
have fun
simon