Subject: RE: [Leica] re: magazines refuse digital images
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:27:43 -0600

> ...that is true, but we were not talking about breaking news. And a well
> known LUGer shoots all his NY Times stuff with a Leica.

I shoot my NY Times, LA Times Magazine, US Snooze & Report, McLean's, Stern,
Saturday Night;  and many others with a Leica, but it's still all digital
delivery - mostly not breaking news ... :-)

I have very few clients who still seem to want prints or transparencies
(Canadian Geographic recently) and none seem to have a problem making the
pix look good. If you are working in NY for the Times, you can still drop of
your film, but from anywhere else, it's digital delivery.

Fewer photographers will now even send out original transparencies now, and
with the use of digital files having increased so much, fewer have file
draws full of dupes to send out, like they used to. Agencies are going this
way too, including the much venerated but behind the times Magnum. Certainly
new agencies like VII or Aurora

Tim

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] re: magazines refuse digital images)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] re: magazines refuse digital images)