Subject: Re: [Leica] Update on Nikon 8000ED scanner
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 05:34:24 -0700 (PDT)

If you are doing a 1X scan with the Nikon without
using Digital Ice, it is MUCH faster than running it
at 16X with Digital Ice.

A 1 X scan of a 6X6 takes a minute or so, the 16X with
Digital Ice can be close to 30 minutes (these are
estimates, I'll verify them later today and let you
know exact times).

The file size for color at 8 bit is about 240MG.  File
size in grayscale is about 70MG.  With 14 bit color
files the file size is about 430MG.

Opening in PS is pretty quick on my PC...30-45 seconds
would be my guess. I am running on a 2.26Ghz with 1
Gig of RAM. DJ