Subject: Re: [Leica] Passing of a great portrait photographer
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 19:10:55 -0700

Truly sorry to hear that! As much as Karsh was a great portraitist, he
was also a genocide survivor. He never failed to acknowledge that fact.
Unlike some, even to that experience he brought a deft and gentle voice.
Even in my deconstructivist youth I never failed to acknowledge his
presence in all of our collective work. One very instructive element of
his portraits of the denizens of the slimy political world is that he
never took sides. I'm still aspiring to reach that monumental feat.
Slobodan Dimitrov

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Passing of a great portrait photographer)