Subject: RE: [Leica] Ilfochrome
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:42:01 -0600

Possibly the same problem I have faced getting Astia film in 4x5 and 8x10
sizes here in Canada. I talked to Fuji and they explained it was
discontinued because the amount Fuji Canada had to buy in as a minimum was
more than they sold on the Canadian market - there wasn't enough demand.

This is happening with films fairly regularly now, so, in a smaller market
like Australia, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happening to something
like Ilfochrome.

Then again, it could also be that Ilford Canada has upped the amount a store
needs to buy, and if the store knows they can't sell the extra, they won't
order it in (I faced this with getting an Agfa developer for Azo paper - it
was special order for the biggish supplier I use, and I needed to order 20
bottles minimum!). So you might want to try a big camera store to see if
they still stock it...

tim