Subject: Re: [Leica] mountain bluebird from Yellowstone
From: Douglas Herr<telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:17:27 -0700

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:30:06 -0500 Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com> wrote (re:
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/mobl0.html):

> Wonderful shot, Doug. Are you gaining an
> appreciation for Provia? My favorite slide film.

Yes I am.  Perhaps the Borg are right: resistance is futile.  I like the
richness and snap of K64 but lacking a drum scanner, Provia is easier to work
with and gives me better latitude along with decent sharpness, small grain and
accurate color.  Let's not forget, it's cheaper too.

I have several favorite photos from this trip made with Kodachrome but I found
that when I was faced with birds that were primarily white or black, I grabbed
the Provia instead of K64.

Doug Herr<BR>
Birdman of Sacramento<BR>
http://www.wildlightphoto.com