Subject: Re: [Leica] airport security kinda really long. ;-) - Very OFF-TOPIC, but what the hey!
From: Bryan Caldwell <bcaldwell51@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:15:19 -0700

Mike

> The point I was getting at earlier is that if we extend certain privileges
> to illegal aliens we may (and have) done so at our own peril

Privileges (which are not necessarily extended to illegal aliens) are a very
different thing than Constitutional Rights (which is what your initial
posting referred to - and which are guaranteed to illegal aliens).

>The first and absolutely primary
>responsibility of the government is to defend its citizens, all else,
>including the rights of those here illegally is secondary.

This may be your view (and you're certainly entitled to it) - but it is not
the law.

>The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Most of the paving work has
>been done by liberals.

Rather than blaming liberals you might blame the Supreme Court who have
extended constitutional rights to illegal aliens in decisions going back to
the 19th century.

Bryan