Subject: Re: [Leica] airport security kinda really long. ;-) Way the hell off topic.....
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:36:08 EDT

7/11/02 4:19 PM, Tim Atherton at timatherton@theedge.ca wrote:
The point I was getting at earlier is that if we extend certain
>> privilegesto illegal aliens we may (and have) done so at our own
>> peril. Those here
>> illegally have been and should continue to be removed immediately
>> and if
>> necessary forcibly, many without the same due process guaranteed
>> to US
In a message dated 7/11/02 2:26:02 PM, mcahill@laurelgroup.com writes:
<< Freedom requires vigilance more than tolerance, individual obligations more
than individual rights. The cost is high.

9/11 shows us very clearly the cost of failure.

(I've taken enough of this forum's time.  My apologies being being so
off-topic for so long. I just felt the need to spread the word. If any
offense was taken, I apologize, none was intended.

Lastly, once again, back to cameras.......for good   :-)

MC

Actually, just take it to the lug forum.  What's wrong with lug members
discussing ideas and differences not specific to Leica?  Some of us are still
subscribed to that list ( I hope).

I think since the LUG forum began (and brian can correct me here), other than
various topics eminating from 9/11, it hasn't really been used...kinda a
shame because sometimes OT's might benefit from discussion more than just of
a day or so in length...and because sometimes interesting life events and
stories related to our photographic passion or life experience aren't
specifically leica related.

Then again, maybe the special forum has been shutdown.

Personally, I wish more Americans cared to discuss what the Bill of Rights
are, what it means to us, and why we're currently so willing to give them
away.
- -kim