Subject: [Leica] Leica, longevity, and advertising
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:51:07 -0400

Lest we get carried away, how many camera companies are no longer with us
since just the fifties?
Zeiss Ikon
Mamiya in 35mm
Voigtlander
Topcon
Petri
Exacta
Miranda
Practica

Nikon is rumored to be on the market again although if Canon can't buy them
for political reasons I don't know who: maybe someone in Hong Kong?

There are many more.  So Leica has done something right whether it is just
really good design, luck, advertising, a group of crazies, whatever.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com